Thursday, August 2, 2007

Vibe Responds!

Received via e-mail from deceased JLA Detroit (Justice League of America Detroit?) veteran Paco Ramone, d/b/a Vibe...

"Dear" Allen:

My man Apache Chief emailed me a link to your inadequately researched and horribly executed post, in which you stated I was so awful in my role with the Justice League that I was in a class of my own, and as such unworthy of inclusion. Aren't you so smart, Allen, if that's your real name.

While I'd love to meet you mano y mano and call you names like gringo or pendejo, I can't make room for the "hot-blooded Latino invectives" stereotype right now, loaded down as I am with "gang-leader", "spectacular breakdancer" and "brightly colored red, green, and yellow fighting gear" stereotypes already.

(Which reminds me, DC: you're on my list too. While you were bringing back Jason Todd, you could've at least had Superboy "punch" the whole "spectacular breakdancer" bit from my continuity. Pendejos.)

And again, if you'd bother to do the same kind of legwork that Tim did, you'd have found out just how beloved I was during my tenure with the League. Zatanna, Black Canary, Hawkwoman, Vixen, Supergirl... they all loved having Vibe around the ol' Headquarters during monitor duty, if you know what I'm saying. (J'onn J'onzz too, but don't ask further.)

Seriously, Tim can track down Bart Allen beyond the grave, but you can't do the same for me? Or shoot an email to a living Vixen? I would say it sounds like racism, but again, I can't fit that sweeping generalization into my psyche with all the others.

Pop and Lock this, buddy.

VIBE

No comments: